The Eagles Edge program was proudly launched in 2019 to inspire and educate students in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
With STEM continuing to be a significant focus within education, this program focuses on empowering students to think critically, make decisions and take control of their future health.
Through a module-based assessment that is aligned to the WA curriculum, students design a personalised fitness program to maintain or improve an area of their physical health.
Key elements of the program include:
- Physical testing of different components of fitness (e.g. speed, power etc.).
- Identifying strengths and deficiencies through results analysis
- Formulating ‘SMART’ goals to address deficiencies and build on existing strengths
- Constructing a training program guided by the West Coast Eagles sports science team, including an application of the program over a period of 6-8 weeks
- Applying GPS and heart-rate technology to monitor performance, identify benchmarks and manage training loads
- Analysing and evaluating the success of training programs following a re-test of fitness components at the West Coast Eagles’ new facilities, Mineral Resources Park.
Teachers can enquire, register their interest and make bookings by contacting Schools and Community Officer Juliet Williamson on (08) 9388 4504 or firstname.lastname@example.org